Friday, November 28, 2014

Scripture Web: Thanksgiving

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm posting a scripture web using the Topical Guide topic of Thanksgiving. Like my last posting on Talents, this is a three-degree web with k-core value of 3. In other words, these are all the highly connected scriptures and topics related to Thanksgiving.

Image Map

The mapping breaks up into three colored groups. I summarize them as follows:

Prayer

7 ¶Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
7 But ye are commanded in all things to ask of God, who giveth liberally; and that which the Spirit testifies unto you even so I would that ye should do in all holiness of heart, walking uprightly before me, considering the end of your salvation, doing all things with prayer and thanksgiving, that ye may not be seduced by evil spirits, or doctrines of devils, or the commandments of men; for some are of men, and others of devils.

Cheerful heart

22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving, with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance—
13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
28 If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.

Songs and singing

 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
 12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.
 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.


No comments:

Post a Comment